While transitioning to a new way of daily eating, it can be challenging to get all the necessary vitamins exclusively from food. As a result, our program includes dietary supplements, as well as some additional helpful options for those concerned about getting all the essential micronutrients.
MIC Injection (included)
MIC is an acronym for methionine, inositol, and cholineamino acids and vitamins that help your body break down, metabolize and excrete fat and carbohydrates more efficiently. At each visit, you will receive a supplemental MIC injection, included with your program.
- Methionine is an essential amino acid that assists in metabolizing fat.
- Inositol is a co-enzyme that metabolizes fats and cholesterol and aids in transporting fat in the blood stream. Body stores of inositol can decrease with calorie reduction.
- Choline is another co-enzyme that is required for the metabolism of fats.
Vitamin Injections B6 & B12 (optional)
We can provide vitamin injections of B12 and B6 at each weekly visit if desired. These are not essential for losing weight, but many people find they provide an increase in energy and a decrease in food cravings.
- Vitamin B12 helps the body convert carbohydrates into glucose, which is used to produce energy for proper body function. B12 is also essential for the breakdown of fats and proteins. It helps maintain muscle tone, protect the mucus lining in the digestive tract, and promotes healthy nervous system functioning. B12 is believed to enhance the immune system and improve the ability to fight stressful conditions. B12 injections have frequently been found to improve energy levels and general well-being.
- Vitamin B6 can help with weight loss through a stimulating effect on the thyroid. This can be especially helpful for hormone balance in women when water retention is an issue. Patients report that B6 mitigates sugar and carbohydrate cravings.
Oral Vitamin Supplements (optional)
These oral vitamin supplements can be conveniently purchased at any of our offices.
- JumpstartMD Multivitamin: During the Weight Loss phase, it is important that you take an oral multivitamin to provide the recommended daily vitamin intake you can’t get from food alone. Our multivitamin has the added benefit of chromium polynicotinate. Chromium, a mineral often deficient in the American diet, works well with inositol to decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL). Chromium may also help combat food cravings.
- JumpstartMD Calcium + Vitamin D: We offer a calcium and vitamin D supplement to prevent deficiencies while on the JumpstartMD program. The calcium supplement helps minimize the possibility of bone loss. The vitamin D supplement is included in response to recent studies suggesting that vitamin D deficiencies are common and may contribute to weight gain. For optimal absorption, we recommend you take one capsule twice a day.
Get Started with JumpstartMD
Take your first step towards improving your health and wellness today and connect with a JumpstartMD Program Specialist.
Request a Conversation
or call 855-JUMPSTART now.