We find a lot of patients losing weight who make different meals for their families than they do for themselves. We hear this most often from mothers and caretakers: “You know, I have to cook something different for my children”. Though you do have to avoid carbohydrates during the weight loss phase, other than the recommended allotment of fruits and vegetables, there are ways to ensure that both you and your family can enjoy most of the main components of each meal.
Here Are A Few To Cook for Your Family When Losing Weight & Staying Health
- Don’t isolate yourself or waste time by making a separate meal.
- Sit down and have a meal that everyone can enjoy together.
- Use this as an opportunity to make positive changes for everyone in your family, AND save time!
- Clean out your pantry and toss the boxed macaroni and cheese.
- Do something different from the kid-friendly food choices like breaded chicken nuggets and bite-size pasta.
- Open the fridge instead, and reach for a fresh and seasonal vegetable to compliment a delicious lean protein that is good for everyone.
- Include your family in the meal-making process and have everyone help out!
- Discuss your goals with them for their continued support.
Provide A Healthier Vegetable or Fruit Carbohydrate for Your Family
As we enter into the spring season, our Bay Area farmer’s markets will have new produce like asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, pea shoots, radish, snow peas, winter squash and watercress greens. Furthermore, spring brings new fruit like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and cherries.
We are proud to offer you a proven and medically supervised weight loss solution based on Real Science, Real Food, & Real Results. Start your JumpstartMD weight loss journey today at any of our 13 Bay Area locations. You can lose up to 10lbs in your first month.