To apply to any of the below positions, please send a resume and cover letter, describing your interest and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered. We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
JumpstartMD is a rapidly growing physician-supervised weight loss center with offices throughout the Bay Area. Through one-on-one nutrition education, FDA-approved medication, lifestyle coaching, and ongoing support, our team of program counselors work with our medical staff to guide patients to healthier and richer lives.
JumpstartMD seeks a polished, self-directed, mission minded individual with outstanding interpersonal skills, to act as our first-point-of-contact for new and returning patients. Through a combination of tasks and qualities, this team member paves the way for an exemplary customer experience and sets the tone for patients and staff in the office. Present employment offering is part-time in our Peninsula offices. Saturday morning shift is required.
- Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome patients. Act as patient host.
- Manage the patient calendar.
- Collaborate with team members to direct operational flow.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures.
- Provide extraordinary customer service and conflict resolution.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of the current JumpstartMD policies and procedures. Enable their implementation in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate for the Clinic Receptionist position at JumpstartMD possesses many of the following qualities:
- Believes in the value of our service. Mission minded.
- Possesses an aptitude for organization and effective multi-tasking.
- Solves problems with sound judgment and able to “think on your feet.”
- Exemplifies superb interpersonal skills – a “people person” – empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful.
- Builds relationships and accomplishes conflict resolution with patients of varying backgrounds.
- Masters new computer platforms and electronic functions in order to perform required duties.
- Sees areas for needed office improvements, acts on their insights, and executes with excellence and efficiency.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team based work environment.
- Operates in a highly productive and efficient manner.
- Possesses the flexibility to report to work in multiple clinic locations with varying hours of operation.
- Exhibits curiosity, desire to learn, and interest in weight loss and health.
- Possesses the ability to grow into greater responsibility as our needs expand.
- 3-5 years relevant job experience required. College Degree Required.
Jumpstart MD seeks mission-oriented professionasl to provide one-on-one consultations with weight-loss patients via nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching. Program Counselors play an essential role in the patient experience and success at JumpstartMD. We are currently looking for a part -time Program Counselor our Pleasanton clinic. Flexibility with regard to schedule is a plus, as is the ability travel between locations. A Saturday morning shift is required. Background/education in psychology, counseling, social work, or similar experience is preferred. Opportunity to transition to full-time is possible in the future based upon company needs and individual performance.
Job Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting patient consultations, ranging from one-hour initial consultations to weekly 15-minute check-ups
- Building relationships to promote long-term patient success
- Maintaining a strong knowledge base of weight loss principles and strategies
- Collaborating with other Jumpstart educators to continuously improve the JumpstartMD program
- Assisting in daily operations
- Providing extraordinary customer service
- The ideal Counselor at JumpstartMD has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through improved nutrition, exercise, and a healthier lifestyle.
Candidates must possess these interpersonal qualities:
- Superb interpersonal skills—a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful
- Ability to build relationships with weight-loss patients with varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- Genuine empathy and compassion, especially as it relates to undertaking a difficult personal transition
- Adaptability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly productive and efficient
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Self-motivated and resourceful in seeking methods to improve the Jumpstart program
In addition, these technical skills and knowledge are required:
- Knowledge and experience in nutrition, fitness, or exercise programs
- Demonstrated success in the role of teacher, trainer, coach
- First hand knowledge and experience in nutrition, fitness, and weight loss
- Understanding of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the Jumpstart weight loss approach
- Educational requirements/years experience
- Prior experience with the JumpstartMD program a plus
Customer Experience Representative
If you are looking to join a company where you can have an impact on a growing business, look no further! JumpstartMD is seeking a highly motivated Customer Experience Representative to join our growing business. Reporting to the Director of Relationship Management, our perfect candidate will be enthusiastic, collaborative extrovert with supreme communication skills.
Our Customer Experience Representative will provide world class customer support to our internal customers (employees/team members), external customers (patients), and referral sources (physicians, local businesses, corporations, etc.). The Customer Support function is a vital role in the success of the business. As a Customer Support Representative, you will be responsible for responding to and managing incoming customer queries in an efficient and effective way. You will be required to rapidly prioritize serious issues and diplomatically handle trivial matters whilst at all times relaying and reporting information to the rest of the business to ensure that the company is always informed of the customer experience.
- Resolve customer escalations and drive process/policy improvements through root cause analysis.
- Draft necessary responses in public forums, such as Yelp.
- Diplomatically respond to inquiries, complaints, and issues as they appear.
- Manage intricate and sensitive client relationships, ensuring they are fostering these relationships until resolution has been reached.
- Serve as a liaison between patients and several team members and functions, including Marketing, Sales, and Patient Care, Operations, and HR teams.
- Manage intricate communication process improved communication with our patients and our physician referral base
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- Experience with business process improvement and change management
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Customer Experience field and a strong desire to help people
- Proven ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously; detail-oriented and organized
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and demands; ability to solicit and implement feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a calming and accommodating phone presence
- Motivation and initiative, whether working independently or collaboratively
- Proven ability to effectively problem solve and come up with solutions on the fly
- Ability to learn a great deal of new information quickly
Financial Analyst – Corporate Financial Planning
The financial analyst will assist JumpstartMD in making sound business decisions by compiling and analyzing financial related, operational and marketing information. You will work closely with various executives and across departments to build analyses that serve as the basis for making critical strategic decisions. The Financial Analyst will create financial planning-related and analytical models, track performance against these models and track against key company performance metrics & industry benchmarks. You will be expected to work on multiple projects, simultaneously, that support multiple departments. You will need to pay attention to detail while finding ways to help the JumpstartMD senior management optimize and address financial challenges that we face as we continue to grow the business.
This position is part of the Finance team that provides financial analysis and support to JumpstartMD.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create financial models and ROI analysis to evaluate business/capital investments proposals/resource allocation
- Support the Controller by providing input and detailed modeling support for maintaining long-term corporate financial models, preparing reports, and developing external communications, where necessary.
- Build a strong and collaborative cross-functional relationship with various company executives to ensure timely delivery of project results.
- Build a strong knowledge base of our industry and business so that you can provide analytical insights into important trends and risks in our business.
- Play a key role in annual corporate-wide financial budgeting planning and analysis, working cross-functionally with department heads and management to provide roll-ups and reports on a timely basis
- Prepare other ad-hoc strategic and financial reports/analysis as required
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or MBA degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Cost accounting experience or a strong familiarity with managerial accounting concepts such as standard costing, variance analysis, and gross margin decomposition analysis is desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Health Care, service and/or Technology industry experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; professional, flexible, adaptable and outgoing – ability to switch gears and lead when necessary
- Proven Business Acumen skills and the ability to make thoughtful and data driven recommendations
- Owns Results: Resourceful and willing to “roll-up the sleeves” and get things done, holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership
- Team oriented: Ability to develop relationships within the organization, resilient, and shows a can do attitude
JumpstartMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.